6.10.07

We're essentially 40% done with this semester.

I dunno if the title sends a shiver down your spine, but when I read that, I kind of freak out a bit. It feels like I just got here, and we're quickly approaching the halfway point of the semester. September was kind of a weird month for me. Not only did it go by quickly, but it was an exciting, and often scary, journey of emotions. College really defines what type of person you are. Your childhood shapes you, but it is in college where you begin to observe your own creation, and you begin to question why things are and how things should be. You may even find that you are questioning previous opinions that you had held for so long, and how ridiculous they may seem now that you've been entrenched with new ideas. I find that I am always questioning what the most important thing to get out of life is. I am still yet to find an answer. As an economics major, I could possibly consider the utilitarianism approach to life, in that we should all strive to maximize private and social utility, or satisfaction. In other words, that we all strive to lead lives which satisfy us both personally, and as a community of varying levels. Even simpler, that we are all happy in life. Perhaps a different stage of my life will provide the answers to these questions.

Sorry for getting a bit philosophical. I realize how it's quite a change from my previous posts, but I feel that my blog is an excellent medium for spreading out thoughts and emotions.

No comments: