3.9.07

I think I have the best on-campus job...

Ok, so I'm currently sitting at my desk in a lobby at one of the main buildings on my campus. My job title is "Switchboard Operator," but it mine as well be "Person who gets paid to sit at a desk, go on the internet, and do homework." Seriously, the only actual duty I have to fulfill is answering phone calls, which occurs at the nice, leisurely pace of about one per 15-minute time frame. Not to mention, the phone calls are ridiculously easy to handle -- the typical caller might ask to be put in touch with Financial Aid, which for me, involves about a 5 second gander at a sheet of telephone extension listings. A simple press of the telephone buttons matching up to the extension finishes the deal. I mean, this job is too cushy to be true. Plus, since I offered to work today (Labor Day), they are paying me for 2.5 hours worked instead of the 2 hours that I'm scheduled to work. This totally kicks the crap out of my last campus job, which entailed me being the campus post office's bitch for several hours a week... though I did get to drive a golf cart around campus as part of that job, so it wasn't all bad! Anyway, I've been sitting here now for about an hour and 40 minutes, and I've gotten 3 calls. That's less than one per half-hour worked! The rest of the time has been heartily fulfilled with reading, listening to streaming online radio, reading baseball scores, and writing on my blog. Not too shabby, eh?

No comments: