16.9.07

O.J. Simpson under arrest in bizarre robbery probe

You'd think after barely escaping a double homicide conviction, OJ Simpson would've gained a little more respect for the American judicial system. Well, guess who's headed back to the courtroom?? OJ was arrested today with, get this... 6 counts of burglary, robbery, assault, and conspiracy. Apparently, he broke into some guy's room with his posse (who happened to be carrying armed weapons), in an attempt to locate some old memorabilia which he would then, presumably, sell on Ebay for cash. This story is pretty much too weird to be true. Simpson, a former NFL star and occasional actor, has also been in the news lately for his uber-controversial book entitled, "If I Did It." The book takes on a "hypothetical" depiction of the Nicole Simpson/Ronald Goldman murders from OJ's perspective. Yeah, right. That's like Barry Bonds writing a book titled "If I Juiced Up." We know OJ did it, the courts know OJ did it, and obviously, OJ knows he did it. It pisses me off when these washed-up celebs from the past try to make a few bucks off of a book. But this really takes it too far. If I were OJ, I'd be thanking some higher authority every day for not convicting me back in '94, and I would stay away from the media like it was the plague. I mean, is he really that stupid?

OJ under arrest

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.